Friday, March 7, 2014

What a great God we serve!!

I was told at the beginning of the week that I would be teaching a security class at Pastor Robbie's church today. I had no idea what I would tell these men who were in the class. That still had not changed when we arrived at the church this morning. I didn't think that I could possibly give these men any instruction given that I come from a totally different country and had totally different life experience. I met with Pastor Robbie for about 20 minutes prior to meeting with the group and it was amazing how God spoke to me through him and when it was all said and done, I found myself wrestling around with one of the security students knocking over chairs in the sanctuary!! It was a truly great experience to not only share some knowledge with those men, but to learn so much from them.

The afternoon gave us an opportunity to ride out to the mountains and see some of the countryside in Haiti. As I stood and looked out over the ocean and then turned behind me to see a beautiful picture of mountains rising up behind me, I couldn't help but feel blessed by how awesome God's creation truly is. Haiti is an exciting and amazing country and I feel so blessed to have spent the last week among the Haitian people sharing fellowship with them. As great a week as it has been it really makes me happy to know that I will be crawling in bed with my beautiful wife instead of waking up to Steve taking pictures of me in my Pocohantas sheets!!

As a side note, if Steve tries to tell anyone that I got beat up by a 115 lb security student, he is lying!! Love you so much Katie. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment