Monday, March 3, 2014

Hard Work!!

Today was a physically EXHAUSTING day!! But as exhausting as it was, it was twice as rewarding. As we picked up trash and moved heavy blocks of concrete to clear an area for a chicken coup, it was awesome to see some of the children from the orphanage throw on shoes and work gloves and work right alongside us. It was encouraging to see them taking pride in helping to take care of their surroundings...and as always it was great just playing with them and letting them try and do my hair even though there isn't much of it.

We have an incredible team and it has been awesome to watch how God has placed us all down here together to take care of the different needs that had to be met on this trip. It is an honor just to be a part of God's plan for Life is Wealth. I am even learning to Creole as some of the kids were calling me "chicken" today because I was scared of a little critter running around the orphanage.

I am still missing you Katie and all the kids and am praying your week is going well. I am starting some work down here that I am expecting you to finish in June!!

Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure they weren't calling you chicken because they saw your skinny, white legs?? ;) And I also want to know what this critter you saw was. Not a spider, right? We miss you and love you so much! Enjoy the beautiful weather. It was about -15 here yesterday morning!!

    ReplyDelete