Sunday, March 16, 2014

Beautiful Sunday in Haiti !!

Pastor Robby's church moved and it's no longer on the beach - but it's still hopping! We walked in during the praise set and were greeted by girls dancing in the spirit, like last year. I'm not finding the words to describe contemporary church service in Haiti.... It is just so different, yet just so similar to church in the USA. Imagine hearing "This is the Air I Breathe," in Creole, and singing along in English! All worshiping the same God, the one and only God, from the depth of our hearts.

After lunch, we were all deeply blessed to visit my Haitian son, Henry, at his home and we met his beautiful family at his home. Henry was my interpreter every year that I've come here and he's not able to work right now. Henry was in a terrible motorcycle accident last summer and suffered multiple fractures to his left leg. After a long period of convalescence and two surgeries, he is now able to walk with one crutch, but he does not have full range of motion. The doctors told him there is nothing else they can do for him, but we serve a big God who CAN do anything. Please join me in praying for Henry - that he would continue to improve so that he could move as well as he could before the accident.

Every year I come back, I see progress in Haiti. It might be slow but it's definitely there! Thank you God, for loving these beautiful people and for all those I've met along the way with a passion to reach out and love them like you do.

Blessings to all from the front porch of the base,
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment