Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday- hot, hot, hot, sorry everyone at home. yesterday was a full day at the orphanage and lots of information, we met with the ladies that cook, clean and take care of the children. It was rather discouraging listening to what they had to say as to how the girls treat them, we asked how we could help them that day and it was laundry day so guess what, I did laundry!!! I believe I was more entertainment for them then anything But I did receive an encouraging "you did well" so I feel I have accomplished something. haha It was good to have the girls see that we are not afraid to jump in and do work and to have them come up to us and look at us like what are you doing? Was priceless, I very much enjoyed "Lovely" coming and sitting beside me the whole time (almost 2 hours) and watch and finally joining in and helping, so sweet! So we return to the orphanage tomorrow and the first thing we will do is greet the ladies taking care of the girls and our hope is to show the girls respect for them, we will also be spending time with the ladies and to show them a servants heart we are wanting to wash their feet, please pray the girls really "see" what we are doing. These women are just wonderful and they have such a heart for the girls, they have their own families and children and yet they are there everyday taking care of our girls and I can only imagine how discouraged I would feel and how I do feel when even my own children do not show appreciation, let alone 60-70 children. please be in prayer as to how God will lead us with this.
Today we went to the school that James directs and we met with many expecting women and it was very educational to learn about how they do things here, and very emotional at the same time. We then helped out students who are learning English to practice and wow what deep questions some of them ask, it was very fun but tiring we got a taste of what our translators go through.
Tonight we tried sugar cane for the first time, very interesting. Not my treat.
Aaron and Steve are helping me to relive my childhood with all there pranks and jokes and  teasing and everything else you can imagine somehow I am on the receiving end of it always, but I have to say I do think I am holding my own OK, of course Pastor keeps catching me in paybacks so he has a different view of Tashina now, ladies you will have to help me reclaim my status if I had such when I return home please, lol
To my sweet boys and my wonderful hubby at home, I hope you are all staying warm and doing well. Write something to mommy soon I miss you all very much.
Tashina Molby

2 comments:

  1. Please tell my Jenna Happy Birthday and I am so proud of her. God has truly blessed us with Jenna. I hope it is a wonderful day for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mom it's me Gabe, I miss you very much. We have been good for dad, and surprisingly we have been getting along better than when your home, some how. It is wed. and we got to use our ipads today.
    Logan says hi and he misses you to. love you bye :-).

    ReplyDelete