Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dance Party!!

Today our morning devotional time was about expectations. Coming into this trip I expected to spend lots of time just playing with kids at the orphanage. I knew there was going to be work to be done and other things we were going to do, but my expectations were to just play and have fun. As usual, God's plan for this week has been much greater than mine. On Tuesday, we spent most of the day spending time with two incredible men of God, Roni and Pastor Robbie. Listening to them talk about their passion for serving the Lord and then seeing how they put that into action was truly inspiring and challenged me to look at myself and see that there is so much more I can do for the Lord.

Today was a very encouraging day. I thought that playing with the kids would be the best part of the trip, but working alongside them has been even more rewarding. We arrived at the orphanage today and found a large group of the girls scrubbing the walls. They were laughing and joking and truly enjoying themselves while also cleaning up their surroundings. It seems like every time we start another project, there are little ones lining up with work gloves on ready to jump in and help us out. I have grown so much already in my walk with God by seeing how faithful the people we have met are. So many of them have so little as far as money, or material possessions, but they find their joy in the Lord and they truly have faith that he will provide them with everything they need.

Of course the day was not all work. It ended with some of the girls from the orphanage challenging us to a dance off. I'm not sure that there was a clear winner, but Pastor Craig and Pastor Steve definitely represented Path of Life well!!

Katie, I wish so much that you were here with me. I miss you, love you and am praying for you. Kiss all my kiddos for me and also give yourself a kiss from me!!

Aaron

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!! My dad was dancing!! That's embarrassing! I'm sure you will all have a different view of him after this. Roni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the video! It sounds like the Lord is giving you all some amazing opportunities there to show the love of Christ (whether it be working, dancing or painting nails!). Can't wait to hear more! Grady sends his hugs and kisses...he's definitely missing his daddy time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete