Sunday, March 2, 2014

First Day in Haiti!!

I have always wanted to go on a missions trip because I thought it would be an amazing experience. After only one full day, God has blessed me beyond my expectations!! Before today, I never would have thought that I could worship our Lord and feel so close to him without understanding a word spoken in the church service. That people in Haiti are amazing and it was so cool to see them praise God.

And to close the day surround by all the kids in the orphanage, watching the joy in their face as they laughed at my goofy chalk drawings, or talk me how to do the foot touching dance. I am so excited to see what the rest of the week brings and see what ways God will use me individually and us as a team.

If you are reading this Katie, Lonyse is back and was at my side the whole day. I love you and tell Kylie, Grady, Luke and Laney I miss them all!!

Aaron

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to hear from you and I'm so glad you are enjoying your experience. Soak it all in...the week goes by quickly! I have tears in my eyes about Lonyse! I'm so happy you had a chance to meet her. Give her big hugs from me. We all miss you like crazy and are praying for you all. Love you! Katie

    ReplyDelete