Thursday, March 6, 2014

Missing my family

Hi Deni, Steven, Jack, Kyle and Payton...Dad is doing very well but I do miss you guys greatly.  Robinson and Charles were sad today when I had to leave, but I assured them that I would bring Steven and Jack with me when I come in June.  That made them happy.  Deni, it felt so good to hold Mona Lisa and just see her light up.  As I moved more rock today to get the space for the chicken coops ready I told her talay...which is just a moment.  She patiently waited until I was done and then attached herself to my hip again.  I think the moment I will always remember this trip for was a simple request she had for me when she said..."dlo?"  I immediately gave her my water bottle and the little sweetheart just chugged almost the whole bottle.  I loved the fact that it was so simple but for once I could respond without an interpreter.  I so wish you could have been here for that.  Had a good conversation with Pastor Yves...pray that our relationship can build.  Going to see Pastor Robbie for the second time and will walk through the tent city by his church and talk and pray with the people there.  See you soon and I love you.  Continue to pray for us.  Love you guys.  Daddy....

1 comment:

  1. Awww...love that story. Thanks for sharing. See, my love, after 7 boys look at the precious girls God has blessed you with. Not sure if you realized but that is what this trip was all about...the water. Love how our God works. We all miss you too. It sounds like you have been having a lot of conversations from all your posts and not much working ;) I dug the receipt for your work gloves out of the garbage just in case you don't end up using them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete