Thursday, March 6, 2014

Heartbreaking Goodbyes

Hi everyone! I haven't blogged yet so I figured I probably should. Today was crazy, Redgi took some of us to a cute little store where artists bring their work. We have some goodies for you guys back home. :) After that little experience, we spent a few hours down town stuck in traffic. We went back to the orphanage for lunch and spent our afternoon there. Tashina and Jenna came up with a cute game for the kids to play. I wrote all of their names on a piece of paper and they were SUPPOSED to write something nice about eachother...it ended up being a coloring session! Many of the kids had me draw them pictures. We also spent a good portion of the afternoon making bracelets with the kids, they really have fun with that! But just like most things, it had to come to an end. I cannot describe the feelings I got when I had to say goodbye. It was the hardest thing. They had tears in their eyes as we hugged them. I don't know how they can handle so many goodbyes. It breaks my heart.

Sending much love to you all,
Riley

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Riley for sharing. It was good to hear from you and how you are doing. I guess you will have to go back sometime. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have been waiting to hear from you or your mom. :) It sounds like you have made some pretty special bonds at the orphanage. I can't wait to hear more...every detail. Continue to soak in all God has for you in the time that remains. Praying you all through with love and a grateful heart for your obedience to answer His call and "Go and be His hands and feet"....~Deni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this like a church thing?? Or how did they get to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This group was all from the same church but anyone can come. The next trip is in May and then July. More info on our website. www.heartsunitedwithhaiti.org

      Delete
    2. You can also email

      heartsunitedwithhaiti@gmail.com

      -Crystal

      Delete