Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Today was our last full day... It was so hard to leave the orphanage again. I have loved being back in Haiti to spend time with the girls at the orphanage and love on my sweet Lovely and Lonyse and spend time talking with Merceline and Marie-Laurie, and listen to the girls beautiful voices as the sang for us each day. :)
This morning the guys finished the chicken coops that they have worked so diligently and hard on to finish and they found the first two eggs. And we had the birthday party to celebrate the kids this afternoon. I loved seeing the excitement and all their smiles as they rotated through the four activity station and then enjoyed their slice of cake. My favorite part was simply sitting with Berry and blowing bubbles, I loved listening to her laugh and seeing her beautiful smile! I'm going to miss all of them so much!
Mom- I love and miss you all! Tell Dad happy birthday and I love him for me in the morning.
Deni- I am coming home this time... no promises for the next ;)
Sarah

P.S. from Katie--
Aaron,
I thought I'd give you a funny story before I get home. Sweet Jerry was singing a Celine Dion song to us and attempting to teach it. So hilarious. I thought you'd appreciate it. The song had something to do with 1-2-3 I love you. :) Google it.
Kylie Rae,
Chickens are there!! Sarah and I picked out the only 2 brown chickens and named them for you!
I love you all and can't wait to see you Thursday.

One more thing: Seeing Bryan interact with Dejna was definitely the highlight of my trip. He was completely in love with her and it was great to see them get to finally spend the day together. Jenna I took lots of pictures for you.

Pray for safe travels for us tomorrow! We are all so excited to get back and see our friends and families.
Katie

5 comments:

  1. I was praying for you guys all day today and more prayers coming for safe travels home!! And I am so happy to finally see a post from Sarah! Goodness girl!! Can't wait to see you all sooooon!

    p.s. I'm expecting lots of pics on Instagram soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie and Emily, We are praying for your safe return home...that it goes well without any problems and that you all are healthy and well. I miss you so much but am so thankful you had the chance this week to go to Haiti and spend time spreading God's love. I'm excited to see you (as we all are!!!!).I love you girls! See you soon, love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I was hoping someone was getting pictures of this, because I keep hearing how moving it is!!
    Praying for safe travels for you all, we can't wait to have you home!
    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was great to hear that the day went well; and nice to end the week with a celebration of the girls' lives! And two eggs already...how exciting! We have lots of questions, still curious about many things but that will all wait now until you are safely home. Praying again that God go before you and prepare the way for an uneventful trip, or at least no hurdles that you can't get over together and with the help of a Mighty God. Look forward to seeing you all pile out of the vans when you arrive back in Ludington. :) Karen

    And Ronni, will be looking forward to that first text when you hit the ground in Miami!! Will be good to have you home and love you very much. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,
    Our computer is acting up, so I haven't been able to listen to the song yet, but just picturing Jerry singing Celine Dion makes me smile. I showed Kylie and Grady the picture of the chicken from Instagram and they were really excited. You have no idea how excited I am to hear the sound of your voice tomorrow and even more excited to get to see your beautiful face and hear all about your trip. We all miss you very much and are praying for your travels home!!

    Love,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete