Thursday, July 17, 2014

A recap of Wednesday!

Yesterday was a very relaxing day. We got to sleep in and rest up for the crazy night that we had ahead of us. After waking up and showering, we ate breakfast and did our devotions. We debriefed and talked about the day before and then we headed out the door. We arrived at Pastor Robby’s church and prepared ourselves for the 230 kids that were sent our way for VBS. All the children arrived bursting with energy and joy. A group of girls and boys grabbed me and pulled me into the games to participate and enjoy the fun with them.  We sang and laughed and sent them all to have a snack, play games, do a craft, and listen to a great bible story. It was an awesome night because Aubrey, Lexi, and I met Jonah and Valarie. Jonah was a 22 year old member of the church who is learning how to speak English and French at the same time, which I find nuts. Valarie is only 15 and she told us (through Jonah) that she had a dream of learning to talk fluent English and travel to the United States to speak about Gods love and dance. They taught us some vocab in Creole. The following is what I can remember: Head is Tet, Noses is Ne, Mouth is Bouche,  Leg is Pie (Pee-ay),  Come is Vinnie, Go away is Patouche, and Thank You is Mesi. You will be proud to know that I will for sure say them all when I come home. When we finished up VBS we went home to have a quick, yet delicious meal, and left again to go back to the church. We had a movie ready for the church family. The movie was Soul Surfer and we picked it because the movie is based off of a girl who had her faith tested. We are happy to say that everyone, including the children, loved the movie and could relate to it in one way or another. Even though we were tired and slightly grumpy, a few of us were chosen to tell our testimonies. Although some of us were nervous (not me), we put it into Gods hands. Miranda, Lauren, and I were done speaking and were very happy to notice that almost everyone had their attention glued to what we had to say. I felt blessed, and so did the rest of us, to share our testimonies and be able to know that they connected with some of the church members. Tired, sweaty, and ready for a good night’s rest, we all squeezed into the bus and arrived back to the base. Overall, it was a good day and I felt blessed to have the opportunity to be here and witness it myself. Shout out to Mom, Dad, Wyatt, Nadine, and Rich. I miss you guys (sort of) and will be ready to see you when it is time to come home, although I wish I could just live here. Love ya.
Zack
 (and Aubrey who typed and edited this for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment