Saturday, July 5, 2014

Greetings from Haiti!!  I figured as the leader I should at least take the time to do the blog one of these days and let you know how we are all doing.  First and foremost, a huge thank you to everyone who has been praying for us and supported us financially.  The opportunity that you have allowed us to have this week has far exceeding what we expected.  I guarantee that every team member will come home with stories of how they have been impacted by our experiences here. Even for myself as one who feels somewhat experienced at this kind of thing, I have been once again impacted in ways I never expected.
The entire team has done an awesome job in jumping right into whatever task or interaction with the Haitians that we have been called upon to do.  I am so happy with each member of the team and their individual gifts have really shined this week.  Today we once again went to visit Rony's Kids and had a wonderful time singing, playing, and learning Bible stories with them.  I am so happy what we were able to translate some of our favorite worship songs into Creole.  My goal is to always sing as much in the native language as possible because that is what will stick with them after we leave and I know then that they can truly use the song to worship.  This afternoon we went to the teaching center that is run by one of the Haitian staff here to interact with their English classes. For many of us it was one of the highlights thus far.  We had a great time having conversations with the students to help them with their English and I personally enjoyed learning fair amount of Creole and French.
Health wise the team is holding up very well but some minor stomach and digestive irregularities have kicked in so we are doing our best to nurse those issues.  That is why I brought Jackie along to be the mother haha.  Don't get me wrong, I do my best to be as sensitive to that as Josh can be :) We all love this country so much.  Yes I live all day and night drenched in sweat, yes it is loud outside late into the night, yes the power goes out every evening so we live in the dark; but the people here are so happy and energetic that they just radiate their joy to all of us no matter how out of place we feel.
For those friends and family of Kylie, Maggie, and Sam, our team is so blessed to have them here with us as well.  We truly are one team and have blended together so well.  I watch over them just as I do my own team members.
Well, as I tend to be long winded I will end this post for tonight.  It is almost time for the local night club to have its weekend bash and I'm told that it will be so loud here we may not sleep much!  Looking forward to going to the church here in the morning and experiencing the culture in the setting of the church!  Thank you all again for all that you have done!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome to hear about your experiences...enjoy every moment and keep spreading the good Word

    ReplyDelete