Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday!!

Well, today has been a totally different experience for me (especially for an unknown country boy from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania). Today was just another day in Haiti so far. Working in the construction site, VBS, and fellowship. But today has been a more of “different” day. Throughout the work day, Zach C. Rylan E. Zack H. Josh G. and I have been doing more fellowship with the children and workers today if anything. Two little Haitian children have been following us, and as we sat down talking to one another, those two little girls have been right there beside us laughing away. The older one was making hand gestures about how Josh, Rylan, and Zack were “strong” and or “big”, while she made hand gestures to Zach and I saying that we’re “skinny” and or “weak looking”. After a few laughs with them, they both looked at our hands and determined how “bad looking” our hands were. Due to the calices, scars, and scratches on them. The majority of the time then has been either playing “Tic Tac Boom” (Hot Potato), Soccer, or “Patty-Cake”. When time passed after those two little girls, when lunch was getting ready, a man pulled me aside and out of curiosity, asked me, “Would you like to learn to speak Creole ?”. So I said yes. After countless lessons on him teaching me Creole, I about had it. But I loved how close he treated me, even though I ain’t Haitian. Later as we got ready for VBS, there was a little boy none of us could stop laughing once we saw him. So as we did the intro Lexi H. handed him over to me, dead asleep, and made me hold him. Then throughout the whole VBS, I’ve been holding this little boy. Cute as a button, he did what little boys do best. Pass gas on my arm. As I was holding this little boy, I felt almost like a “safe” person for this child. Reason being as I was holding him, he never wanted to leave or have anything to do with the rest of the children. Almost looked like he was my son it looked like to me at least. Coming to a close, it makes me smile all the time, seeing all of those children singing in English praising Jesus, and seeing them get into the Bible lesson and taking some of it seriously when it comes to Jesus and the Bible. So that’s about it for me at least for today’s experience.

-Adam Weber.

No comments:

Post a Comment