Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Post 2

Monday started off with making a garden. It was in the middle of banana trees and cows and was so pretty. We were working alongside a few Haitians and it was so cool being with them and seeing how willing they were to work on something that they might not have benefited from in the future. At some times we even had to take away the picks and shovels to make sure we had something to do, too. The end result was a great success and I can’t wait to see how many vegetables come out of it.
In the afternoon we went to see Rony’s kids. Rony is an awesome guy who sponsors children from the street who he has put into foster homes and sponsors some children who are still with their families, but would not be if it weren’t for him. This was the third and last day we had with these children so it was bitter sweet. I loved being with them because each day they were so excited to see us and they were even a blessing to me. I’ve learned so much from them like how important family is and how God never leaves your side.
Today seemed so much hotter than the others, but I’m getting used to it. It’ll be an adjustment coming back home to where we can have air conditioning, but I’m looking forward to it. I’ll also Haiti so much. These people are so kind and so many of them have a fire for God that glows on their face. I came down thinking I would make a difference here, but these people have made a bigger difference in my life. 
Erin Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment