Monday, July 28, 2014

Bob the Haitian Sensation

I woke up at about 5 am to the sound of barking dogs and roosters crowing. Even at 5 in the morning you can tell when it’s going to be a scorcher, but I will not complain about it because I came here to get out of my comfort zone and to work a full week for Jesus. What a privilege to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. If I have to have some inconveniences and patience testers along the way I will be content. When going to the orphanage today, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Even with 7 grandkids of my own I wasn’t sure how I would like these kids crowding around me. I loved the kids and it only took a few minutes to figure out why I’m here, God had a plan all along and just like all his plans you just have to be patient and see the results in Gods timing.
That’s kind of how this trip was for me from the start. God would give hints that I should come to Haiti but I doubted him. After so many times of God lining things up, I finally listened. As always he knew what he was doing. I’m also a big fan of the book of James, all you have to do is read it about 50 or more times like me and you’ll know whether to go on a mission trip If you have a chance. It also was a help to have a church that was supportive and a wonderful wife that says, “ If God’s pulling you there, you need to go”. I give all the glory to God.
-Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment