Friday, June 3, 2011

WOO HOO!!

How do you know when you are doing something that is going to help further the Kingdom of God?  What encourages you in tough times?  How do you discern that you are growing in your relationship with Him? 

Often the answer to these questions for me is this:  When the enemy "attacks" or tries to discourage you!! 

Let me explain.  I firmly believe that sometimes when things seem to be happening to frustrate you,discourage you or to prompt you to give up it is because the enemy of the Most High God knows that He is going to use you or work through you to bless others.  And that is NOT what the enemy wants to happen.  Satan is not going to go after stagnant Christians.  It is those who are in God's will- doing His work that he is most threatened by.  Because it means that once again- he "loses"! 

So... I write this note/blog here to say I am sooooo excited/encouraged about what God has for this summer.  It seems that this week there has literally been something every day that is "meant" (I believe) to discourage me.  But, I hold fast to God and His promises.  To the belief/knowledge that He has called me to Haiti.  He has called Ron to Haiti.  He will use us to do great things this summer through Him and for Him if we stay focused on Him.  Which I pray we will. 

Yes, I have one of my summer staff thinking of doing something else this summer and (of course) I had great "plans"- MY plans for how she would be of use in Haiti and I was disappointed to think of losing her.  Yes, I just found out today that we need ANOTHER $300 or so more than I thought to be able to pay our bills when I am gone this summer.  Yes, Ron's work is crazy busy and he is realizing the implications on our family (financially and otherwise) of him taking almost 3 weeks from work to go to Haiti.  Yes, I just found out that Jillian does not have the money (she broke her wrist in four places with no health insurance) to afford a plane ticket to come and see her sister- our youngest, Danika- graduate next Friday night.  Yes, ....... you get the idea...

There are many things weighing down on me if I let them.  But I CHOOSE to focus on the positive.  On God and the eternal.  On the things that last.  And trust that "He who calls you to it will see you through it".  He has called us here- He WILL see us through and ....... take that Satan!  :) 

** continue to follow to see how God works this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment