Monday, June 13, 2011

Michelle's preyme (first) blog

Hey guys it's Michelle! For those of you who don't know me I'm summer staff for HUWH for the next three weeks in June! :) Like Jordan, it's my first time blogging...I couldn't let him have all the fun ;) I came to Haiti last summer for a week with my youth group and this summer God blessed me with the opportunity to be here for three weeks and I'm super excited about it and what God is doing/going to do. :) But enough about me, you're reading this (hopefully, otherwise I'm just talking to myself) because you want to know about the ministry. From the first minute I arrived here I have loved every second of it! The Aris family and everyone here is GREAT. Although we haven't done much "designated ministry" yet, it's been cool to hear about how God is working. We have mainly been preparing for the summer, getting organized and such. Acutally, right now we are all having a meeting about our trip out to Chaveneaux (hopefully) on Wednesday. (We were supposed to be going out tomorrow, but of course TIH so everything is on Haitian time). There is so much to be done behind the scenes that needs to be done, it's been incredible to see the dedication of everyone here. Thanks for all the prayers, please continue praying (a lot!) as this is a formative summer for the organization. We are hoping to lay a solid foundation this summer for the years to come and from what I've seen so far, with God's help we are off to a good start! :)

As for me personally, I forgot how much I love it here! Here's a few highlights so far...
Seeing friends we met last year (Pastor Jean Philippe and Zick)
Sleeping on the roof under the stars
Playing guitar and singing while on of the Aris girls sings in Creole
Having a little girl (Zazu) fall asleep on my lap

That's all for now!
Bondye beni (God bless)
-Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Michelle - We are praying for you over here at the Harkema homestead. The Girls are very excited to be reading all of the blogs. We will continue to keep you ALL in our prayers, hopefully today (WED) goes as plan. What a treat everyone gets to hear you sing and play the guitar! Love and God be with you. Tina, Rick, Reed, Elly, Abby and Samy.

    ReplyDelete