Wednesday, June 29, 2011

6/29

Today Steve, Auston, Michael and Melissa (Michael’s girlfriend) will return from Chaveneau and join Jordan, Michelle and me in Carrefour.  Please pray for them as they will have a LONG ride home- pray for the vehicle, for their safety on the road and the time they will spend in the car.  Also pray for them as they leave that special place.  It is so difficult to leave a community when you have really become part of it- even if it was only for a short time.  The children of Chaveneau really love Steve and Auston and they will miss the attention I am sure.  Steve’s Creole is coming along amazing and they love teaching him as he teaches them English. 
While in Carrefour Jordan, Michelle and I are having fun being “pioneers”!  (just like we did in Les Cayes when we were living in Chaveneau- we just took the car and Zick as translator and explored- we found a beach where we can take teams, a grocery store, etc… ) Yesterday we went to the land Pastor Duval would like to donate to Hearts United some day and we were able to pray over the land.  Then we went to see two other lots Pastor Duval has in Gressier (where the land is that he wants to donate)- one has an amazing ocean view.  I have been really sick the past two days so we got lots of laughs as I had to make pit stops along the way to “visit the bushes”.  TIH (This is Haiti). 
After visiting the land in Gressier we decided to go visit a young woman named Megan who has become a friend to me through facebook.  Her heart for that community is amazing .  She has lived there about 6 mos.  She does a weekly feeding program for the children and  is also in the process of building a school for about 300 kids.  Exciting!  We also got to visit the house where I lived last summer with the group of Christian school students.  It brought back MANY memories and I was blessed to be able to visit there. 
Megan is fantastic and our time fellowshipping with her (though short) was one of the highlights of my time here.  God is showing me more and more how I do not need to depend on anyone but HIM when in Haiti.  We were able to take the car (yes, I drove in Haiti) and even had to figure out how to put fluids into it when it started to act up while we were far from home.  I feel so “accomplished” to be able to get around on my own- just the three of us and Michael’s brother, Obed as translator.  For a long time now I have become way too dependent on Michael and rested in the knowledge that he would take care of things for me- he would drive, he would arrange food, he would set up ministry, etc…  God is certainly directing this ministry and I am even more excited now about the next two weeks I have “off”.  I am praying for direction as to what He has for me those weeks- what ministries to visit, where to go, etc… He will make it clear.  I have no doubt!  He certainly has so far. 
Pray for our time tonight since we will have our “final debrief” with the whole team together.  It will be sooooooo hard for me to say goodbye to everyone- especially Jordan and Michelle who have become my partners in this ministry.  They have such vision and together we follow where God is leading us.  I am blessed they are part of this “foundation year”- very blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment