Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reminisce

Hello! It's Michelle again! :) Just checking in and giving you a brief update on what been happening. This morning was pretty chill; we spend some time in listening prayer (where you ask God to reveal to you what he wants you to do that day) and head-to-head prayer (where you pray with another person and they don't tell you any prayer requests, you just pray as you feel led) and talked as a team and got to know each other a little better. We decided to do some things around the Aris house in the morning and go out into the community in the afternoon. As we were walking this afternoon Crystal mentioned we were not too far from Pastor Cornet's house and immediately Jordan and I asked if we could stop by to see Jean Bernard (a little boy that we met last summer, most of you probably know his story). We stopped by his house and saw him; he is as sweet as ever! As soon as I saw his shy smile and big brown eyes I was immediately started to reminisce about last summer and the day we left when he was riding around the house on a tricycle saying "My name is Jean Bernard!" at the top of his lungs and how I thought that was probably the last time I would ever see him. I felt so incredibly blessed that I had the opportunity to see him again. Then we walked down to the lighthouse by the ocean and seeing that reminded me of playing soccer by the ocean last summer and all the great people I met, played with, and ministered to there. God brought back all the faces that I got to know and share the Gospel with and as I reminisced I prayed for them all. Silently. Right there as I stood looking out at the ocean. After we left the beach, we walked to the house where Jordan and I stayed for a week last summer. As we walked down the steep steps down to the street where the house was I was again taken back. I saw the roof and invisioned all our tents up there and thought of our roof-top chats on the "peaks" and the tropical storm that took down all our tents. And I remembered how God got us through it ALL. As we approached the house and some of the neighbors were out. I recognized them and they recognized me! One girl who I prayed with last year was standing off a few yards away and I said "Bon swa! Como ou ye?" (I'm sure I spelled that wrong but it means "hello, how are you?") and she smiled and I said "Muy rele..." (My name is...) and she said "Mechelle!" and I said "Wi!". After a brief exchange, we had to go but I could tell that she was really touched that I remembered her and came back to see them. On our way back to the Aris house we saw Pastor Jean Philippe's church; it has walls now! and steps! the progress is incredible! As I snapped a few pictures I again began to reminisce. The memories of VBS and "Papa Abraham" and hectic craft time and soccer games in a 10' x 10' area... I feel so blessed that I was able to come and minister to these people not only once, but twice! God is truely working in this country. Although there's still MUCH to be done (spiritually and physically), progress has been and is being made! I am so excited and joyful and blessed that I am able to join God at work here. "Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in HAITI."

In the power of Christ alone,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment