Thursday, June 30, 2011

Let the little children come

Matthew 18:3: "And he (Jesus) said:  “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

The adorable Dorthy and me :)

These past few weeks I've had the opportunity to love on numerous kids and it brought a few verses to my mind...

James 1:27a "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress."

Mark 9:36-37 "He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me'."

For me, the hardest thing to say goodbye to in Chaveneau was the kids. So many longed for attention, although each showed it in their own unique way. My intention was to bless the kids, and I believe that I did. However, I feel like they ended up blessing me more than I blessed them. I'm glad that I was able to love them for the short time I was there and I hope that they know that we love them, but more importantly than that I pray that they will grow up knowing that they are dearly loved children of God.


Cherishing Jesus' love,

-Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment