Monday, July 18, 2011

Zoe's day in Haiti!

Hi again!(: Today I woke up on the roof and thought to myself, how lucky I am to be here. Being a 16 year old girl and having this opportunity to come here is just truly amazing to me. We did VBS today, and in my last blog I mentioned that they said 200 kids. I don't think we had that many but we had a lot. We taught them about heaven and salvation. For only having 6 people on our team with that many kids. We did pretty swell. The girls got their dresses, and the boys made bracelets. Landon & I were in charge of the bracelets. It was crazy cause they boys were just soooo excited with the piece of string we gave them. When we got back from VBS we just chilled for a little bit. Then we went our prayer walk. The Haitians keep amazing me. Not once on that prayer walk did we get turned down. And when they asked for prayer it was for their spiritual walk with Christ and for their family. Not for themselves, or materialistic things. They really make me question how we live in the U.S. They get so much done in an hour, that I would never accomplish in a week. Not even a lie. haha. But I am having a great time. A little nervous about leaving tomorrow, but I am excited. Wish us luck!(:

2 comments:

  1. Zoee I just love reading your posts. Best of luck tomorrow, I know it will be a great time, and you will be blessed. I love you, talk to you soon. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe so very proud of you. Continue being the wonderful person god blessed us with. We love you .

    ReplyDelete