Monday, July 18, 2011

Lili Vega's update

I have been here only for 2 days and God has already taught me many lessons.  My arrival to Haiti was very smooth, I had been praying for this and GOD HEARD ME!!  Crystal was able to meet me at the luggage area right on time, when things were starting to get complicated.   We visited the orphanage yesterday evening and I was broken... my heart felt very heavy, I had to pray.  I keep seeing my own children the faces of every child here.  Today we went to minister through VBS at a nearby church.  We were able to distribute dresses for the girls, make bracelets with the boys and teach the kids about God's love for all of us. Then, in the afternoon, we went to prayer walk around the community.  It was such a powerful experience.  It was amazing.  What shocked me the most was the hunger of the Haitian people for spiritual strength and renewal.  When we asked for prayer requests, not one of them asked for material things, they wanted prayer for spiritual strength and health issues.  We are leaving tomorrow morning to Chavaneau, I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.  I am so blessed to be here and God has been talking to me and transforming my life to serve Him better.  Bendiciones!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment