Tuesday, July 5, 2011

under attack

Well... it was bound to happen.  Things here in Haiti were sooooo good- the trip was amazing (some hiccups but that's expected with a first year or so), the staff and participants were amazing, etc...  Hearts United with Haiti is going to be used by God to bless many in Haiti in the years to come.  Going into this weekend there were some items that could cause stress, but due to the prayers of many of you and the relationship I have with God and the fact that I KNOW this is the ministry He is directing us to I had such JOY... incredible JOY here in Haiti. 

Why wouldn't the enemy try to take that from me?  Of course he would.  One of the reasons I chose the name I did for Hearts United with Haiti was because of the verse in Ecclesiastes (4:12) where it says "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not easily broken."  I think upon this verse and it tells me a few things.  The main one is that we need to stay UNIFIED in our mission.  We need to be UNITED as we go along this road He is leading us on.  And, we need to rely on Him through it all.  To protect us, to guide us, to be the head of this organization.  If we try to do Hearts United on our own strength we will certainly fail.  But if it is where He is leading us, it will be a blessing to many. We truly need to be UNITED with Haiti (and with God) and not just coming here to give handouts and put bandaids on problems.  We came here to establish relationships.  To disciple.  To be UNITED with one another.  To receive as well as to give.

The best way for the enemy to try to get a stronghold on this organization is to cause problems within the leadership.  And that my friends is exactly what he is trying to do.  We are under such attack here.  Haiti has been enemy territory for so long and he is not giving up the fight easily.  Pray for us- that we stay UNIFIED, that we SEEK HIM, that we are bold enough to FOLLOW where He leads, and most importantly pray that we will remain in Him and close to Him and His word so there be no area in our individual lives and as an organization for him to have ground to set up camp. 

Hope that is not too strange and makes sense to you all.  It is early in the morning but it is what God put on my heart to share. Yes, we are in desperate financial need with this organization, we are in need of partners/partipants who desire to work with the community in Chaveneau, we are in need of direction for Ron and I personally as we discern if we should move to Haiti, etc... But most importantly, we are in desperate need to submit to God and to rely on Him to direct this ministry.  1 John 1:5 says "God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all."  I pray we remain in Him...stay in the light and give NO ROOM for darkness.... . as individuals and as an organization.  I ask that you pray the same. 

THANK YOU- 

2 comments:

  1. Wow- yes as you know, I know exactly what you are speaking of- exactly. It is one of the historic ways the enemy has kept Haiti from it's destiny with Him, and it has 'momentum' that keeps on trying to push it forward. When Christians arrive with another motive, the enemy notices. God is bigger than the devil's army, but that is not to forget that there is indeed a battle. Prayer is a foundational weapon, so good that you've asked for it, and we will pray.

    Also, I know it's a sad reality, but I am probably not the only one who is much more willing to donate/give if there is an online way for me to do it. Do you have an account set up with Paypal? If so, you might want to get that info out there to facilitate this type of giving. If you aren't set-up with Paypal,it's very easy to get it started.

    Please give our love and knowledge of our prayers to Pastor Arris and Michael and Ramces and any of our friends you see. Thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda- Yes, I know you know exactly what battle we are facing here in Haiti. Thank you for your prayers... they mean so much and today (as my post above says) things look MUCH clearer... God used the last few days to grow me and teach me much- we never stop learning... Praise God!

    Everyone here says hello as well I am sure. You and David made quite an impact. And I will look into paypal- no- I do not have a Hearts United account. I have a personal one to use for SENDING money- never knew I could receive it... thanks for the idea...
    - Crystal

    ReplyDelete