Sunday, July 17, 2011

Zoe and Landon update...

Hi its Landon its been a great day in Hati today we went to church sang songs and listened to creole preaching which is different and interesting. Then we came back to the house and organized the stuff for VBS tomorrow and then Mrs. crystal took us to take the trash out to a bridge where pigs came running to the trash to look for food. After that she took us to the orphanage to see some of the kids. Then tomorrow we are having VBS where we will be telling storys and playing with the kids. Also one of the storys that we are telling is about zaccheus and Jesus where Zoe will be zaccheus and i will be doing Jesus.

Hellllllo! It's Zoee, today has been pretty productive. We woke up at around 6 a.m. and I couldn't even tell. When we first got here yesterday I was pretty much ready to go back home. The airport is overwhelming. Especially when your pushing a cart with luggage. It shocks you when you see all the people and how they live. But I have only been here for two days, but I already love Haiti. I love the people, and I already want to come back. Today though, we went to church, and it was pretty long compared to my church. But the way they praise God and worship is amazing. I have never experienced anything like this before. Today we also went to an orphanage and I can simply say it broke my heart. Tomorrow we have VBS and they say expect 200 kids. oh boy. We can handle it. I'm about to get ready to go to bed, where we sleep on the roof. Which is pretty cool. I also want to say that Haitians sure can coook! Bye bye for now!(: 

3 comments:

  1. Hi!! I'm so glad you have the chance to grow and see God's work. I'm so proud of you Zoe!! So you went to an orphanage?? Interesting.
    Be safe guys and I love you. Aunt Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe,what you are doing is amazing...not only is it an experience for you imagine what it means to the Haitians!!
    Take it all in, have the trip of a life time.
    Best wishes, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landon and Zoee I am soooo proud of you guys. Jesus has a smile on right now for you two. Let Him teach you and bring you closer to Him. He has made you two very special for His purpose so go do the thang! Love you guys.
    Dad and Rob

    ReplyDelete