Saturday, July 29, 2017

Ken's blog

          This week I had the privilege to meet so many amazing people that I will remember for a very long time.  From the kids that attended our VBS, to the church and Hearts United staff, to the folks that we talked with throughout Carrefour.  Each day has been filled with one special moment after another.
         Well, today’s special moment came at the end of our VBS.  You see, I had been working with one of the older groups of boys and girls.  This group was a good mix of church kids and kids from another area.  There were several kids in my small group that I felt were holding back, not wanting to answer any of the questions or engage in the activities. Perhaps they were afraid of what some of the others would think.  Well, there was one boy in particular that had gotten in trouble the day before for playing a joke on another boy for attention.  The joke didn’t go over well to say the least and the attention he received was not what he was looking for.  Today, that boy really stepped up in front of the entire group and finally spoke up.  Not only did he answer my question he also blew me away all the details and length of his response.  Later, at the close of our VBS, he came up to me and thanked me for being there this week.  He said he learned so much from the lessons in our group time.  With that he shook my hand, gave me a hug and went home.  Is that not what every youth leader prays would happen in their program?  I really hope for the opportunity someday to reconnect with him.
          With just a few days left, I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment