Monday, July 24, 2017

Day 1- Noel's Blog

        Bon nwit from Carrefour! It’s day two and it’s absolutely amazing. And hot. Everyone here is lovely and welcoming. During the church service today I got so many hugs that I could go the rest of the week and still be set on hugs. Speaking of the church service, it was very different. Everyone is passionate throughout the entire service. Shouting out the lyrics to the songs there is not unusual. Also they have longer church services than we do. Today’s service lasted from 8am-12:30pm, but Pastor Robbie and the staff here are great so I wasn’t bored during the service. Outside of the church, they make sure that we are taken care of and that we don’t need anything. They have a small bus so that we don’t have to walk anywhere. The driving is a little different as there aren’t a lot of traffic laws. Though everything in Haiti may be different, I am immensely enjoying myself. First, I hesitated when I was offered to come down here but now I’m glad that I came. I can already tell that God is working here at the base and that he’s going to be making some changes in my heart while I’m here. I miss everyone and I’ll be keeping you in my heart.
          Much love, Noel

2 comments:

  1. I remember all the hugs... Can be challenging for non-touchy-feely people, but it's still cool to be welcomed so enthusiastically. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all the positive things Noel. Hugs and love from PA too!

    ReplyDelete