Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Bryce's blog

          To start this session I would like to thank those at home who supported me and helped me get here. I still have trouble believing that I am in Haiti. At first it was almost unreal and now I feel so honored to be working along an incredible team and being served by the incredible people here. The church session on our first morning was incredible. It was different than what I experience at home, but it was a good different. I got experience a Pastor Robby hug (best hug I have ever had). Then the next adventure I was blessed to experience was VBS. I was put in charge of helping with the 12-15 year olds in the orange group. So far VBS has been a great success. The children are fun and the music and dancing is fun and the adults are helpful and the translators are REALLY helpful. The language obstacle is hard to navigate but with the help of Jen and other friends we were able to learn some starting phrases (which came in handy). I also have been able to spend time with all the members of the team and make new friendships. The food is amazing and the people are amazing and I am sad that we are almost halfway done. This trip has been eye opening and a whole lot of fun. I hope everyone is safe and having just as much fun as we are. This concludes tonight’s session.
            Signing out Bryce Bryce Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment