Sunday, March 10, 2013

Until we meet again...

Whether here on earth or in Heaven I know without a doubt that I will see each of the 7 people I shared the past week with again and that is such a blessing.  They were a great team and though I miss them terribly it was a joy to watch them experience God as the week went along and to see them encourage one another, the Haitians and the staff of our organization.  THANK YOU!  :)  :)

So far today I have carried 7 buckets of water (5 gallon each though I didn't fully fill them- too heavy) up the steps to the house, washed the floors, carried three LARGE bags of trash out to the street to the trash truck, scrubbed two toilets/sinks/showers, etc.... and I feel GREAT.  Most times I am exhausted but this trip I am renewed and refreshed feeling.  I enjoyed the sound of church next door while working and even sang along to "Here I am to Worship" or "Heart of Worship" or "Awesome God" or "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High".... lots of common songs today mixed with familiar hymns too... LONG service though- they started at about 8 am and finished at 1:30 pm. but I think that's cause they had Crusade all week and invited lots of extra people.  This was the finale'.  Now Bruce Springsteen is blaring from the neighbor's house!  LOL.  Only in Haiti and I LOVE IT!!!!

Here are some photos from yesterday of the seeds we planted earlier in the week- sunflowers, peas and spinach.... the tomatoes we transplanted are a little "wilted" but still hanging on.  We will take rebar over in a few days and twine to put up a barricade to keep the dogs out of the garden.  They are breaking off the plants.

Thanks again for ALL your prayers and encouragement.  God is at work in Haiti for sure!  We are so blessed to be part of it.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment