Monday, March 4, 2013

Haitian Happiness -Libby

Good morning! Another good morning in Haiti.  It was a blessing last night we had rain! It was nice it cooled it off for our evening debriefing.  There is a church right next door to us and they started worshiping last night leaving us with beautiful music for our meeting.  Along with our discussion about the sermon yesterday the group and I worshiped the Lord last night.  Its astounding to think about how Big our God is and at the exact same time we are worshiping the Lord in English the church next door was worshiping the same God in Haitian.
We went on a walk last evening and got to see and talk to some of the people of the surrounding neighborhoods.  There were a few soccer games going on which I'm sure some of my loved ones back home would enjoy (Brennan).  We walked through the market and saw all of the hard work of these Haitians.  Some of these people are such hard workers contrary to what majority of Americans think.  They set up there stand at 6 am and will stay open until the sun goes down. This man was up around 5:30 am ringing his bell around today.
The children are all off to school looking so beautiful in their uniforms for school. The Haitians really take pride in their appearance even though they have much less than all of us.  The showers worked for a short time last night so I let some of the other team who has been here longer shower, with my fingers crossed that we would have water when it was my turn to shower.  The showers are no longer working as of this morning so I am going without a real shower but sponge bathing is fine.  well Breakfast is ready I'm going to go grab a bite to eat.  I miss you all! Give Carter and dad a big kiss from mommy. I love you all cant wait to tell you all more stories :)  Libby

Oh and as of right now no skyping :( sorry talk to you soon loves

2 comments:

  1. So very proud of our baby girl!!!! Hope everything is going well. Things are fine at home. Miss you already!!!! We love you very much!! Be safe and keep up the good work for the LORD!!!!! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful,hope all is well in Haiti. Carter and I miss you soooooo much. I cant wait to hear all the stories when you come home. We love you so much <3 God Bless

    ReplyDelete