Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Adventures, Adventures- Libby

  Yesterday was full of surprises around every corner God had his hand in our ministry. We went to the school and orphanage. Deni, Shina, and Sara did crafts with the children and a bible lesson. The girls really seemed to enjoy it.  While that was going on Crystal and a few of us went to the hospital to take one of the girls to get checked out by the doctors.  The drive alone was sensory overload.  It's not that there are things that are a surprise to me but with all the colors, smells, and sounds its a bit overwhelming. Overwhelming in a good way though.  The Haitians have such a rich culture that we could only dream of having in  America.

Anyways the hospital was so interesting seeing all the people in the emergency room. The doctors and nurses running around trying to take care of hundreds of patients.  The triage room in the front was full of mats and blankets with Haitians on the floor and they were all praying for healing!! What an amazing site.  No matter what is going on in this country you can see the Lord at work.

It was a God moment yesterday when we got to the hospital,  we were supposed to be meeting one doctor who was in surgery at the time (Dr. Carl) and when we arrived he was not available. But at Gods perfect timing there was another doctor that is friends with Crystal that was on the balcony and saw us.  He came down and saw us immediately making a very long trip only take 20 min! Praise GOD!!

We finished the day back at the Orphanage just loving on the kids and handing out care packages to the children. They had a blast!  Each one of them so sweet and innocent.  Hoping and praying for God to reveal himself to me the rest of the trip.

I miss you guys at home, wish you were here with me!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Give Carter a kiss for me :)

4 comments:

  1. God is at work through all of you. Praise Him!!! We miss you terribly,Libby,but are so proud of you and what you are doing. We are all fine. Bren and Carteybug spent the evening with Daddy and I yesterday. Cartey has learned how to climb up on a chair by himself. He loves his accomplishments!! Of course he just had to tease Pawpaw by playing on the stairs. We love you so very much!! Take care and make God proud!!!! Momma. Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello elizabeth. I am so proud of everything you are doing. I love to read your posts and see your pictures. I cant wait to hear more about the splendor of the country. I will continue to pray for you and all the good work you are doing for the lord and the children and people of Haiti. I love you lots and cant wait to see you sunday. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOMMY I LOVVBEEEE YOU. Daddy and I are watching sponge bob while finishing up my breathing treatment. I have a little cold but it will be cleared up by the time you get home. I cant wait to one day meet the other kids in Haiti. Could you take me one day. Daddy told me you would. I have been good and daddy id taking care of every thing. I loveee you sooo much. ~ Carter Bug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, i hope you are having a wonderful time. I miss you at home but i can see your hunger for Haiti and helping the children. Mom is already planning a trip down for all of us and has been stalking Crystals website. Ive been praying for you anytime i think of you. I wish i could hear your voice as well as the children playing in the background. Well im going to have to get back in shape and brush up on my soccer skills before coming down there. I love you so much and love too see your accomplishments posted in this blog<3

    ReplyDelete