Saturday, March 2, 2013

First day out

WOW!!!! We arrived yesterday afternoon and had a shocking ride in a "tap tap" to our house, I didn't know  that so many cars and horns could be in one place. Smells are everywhere and very interesting. Last night was very hot and very noisy, Haitians go till 2a.m. no problem it was quiet from 2-4 and roosters crowed all night. Saturday we started out on our way to the hospital but when we called to make sure someone would be there to receive us we were told that the hospital was closed for cleaning, so we came back and went for a prayer walk near the house. We met several neighbors, a very sweet blind women who could not walk but had nothing but praises to God that she is alive. We also met a dear lady who works and because people here know she leaves to go to work broke into her home and stole a lot of her belongings and money, she told us that she was afraid to drink her water as she was not sure if they had contaminated it or not so now she does not have any water for anything, while talking with us she quoted Bible stories of Job and Ruth and what an amazing testimony to me and everyone that was with me, this poor lady has lost so much and yet she praises God through it all, she has taught me a lesson for sure.
We went to the orphanage this afternoon and what beautiful children!!! Brought tears to my eyes as they run to you and grabbed your hand and they are just simple content to be by your side, precious. We took a lot of pictures and met all the girls that Path of Life sponsors, and took pictures for you all! I fell in love with a sweet little girl whose name happens to be "Lovely" how appropriate! She is 6 and such a fun personality. She climbed up on the ledge behind me and put here little arms around my neck and sang the sweetest song, what a gift from God.
We had power early this morning and were blessed with a fan in our room, but awoke to no water....it is currently 6pm and we still do not have any, oh boy, we pray we get some tonight, after being out today, I will greet a cold shower with songs of praise!!!
Well that's enough from me, hello to my dear sweet family at home I love you all dearly and miss you lots!!! Give each other hugs for mommy!!! xoxo
Love Tashina and Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment