Friday, March 8, 2013

Saying Goodbye for now-Libby

What a wonderful week it has been.  I can't even being to express how grateful  I am for Crystal and all the translators who helped us this week.  The week took some twists and turns and turned out totally unexpected but that's the beauty in it! God had his hand in everything we did this week.

We went to the beach today and got to enjoy some time of reflection this morning.  It amazes me that a place that is filled with such sadness and despair is also so full of beauty. We came back and headed to the local orphanage down the street where we played a movie for the children.  Hallelujah 5 children accepted the Lord!! It was so hard for me to hold back the tears as the kids with their small sweet voices were praying.  We played for a little longer than gave our hugs and kisses goodbye.  That was a great way to end the week.

The stars are finally out tonight and let me tell you they are gorgeous! So bright and clear! As I wind down this whole week it is hard for me to keep it together.  It has been so emotional.  God has pushed me and challenged me in new ways.  I have grown so much in just 7 short days.  I do not want it to come to an end. Its now my turn to take what I have learned from these Haitians and apply it in all aspects of my life.  We could all learn something from the Haitians. For example, patience because not everything is as important as we think it is. Sometimes things don't go as planned because God has a bigger better plan than our puny little minds could even think of. Kindness, its never to late to simply say hello to someone on the street or offer a helping hand to a neighbor in need. Most of all love.  I have witnessed so much self sacrificing love here than anywhere in the world.  They love each other and demonstrate love in all of their actions.

Haitians live out their salvation and they don't let this life fog the view of their savior. I need to take some lessons from them.  Step aside and let God take the wheel and enjoy the ride. Its all in his plan anyways.

I love this place and I cant wait to share it with all of you when I return.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you and hear all about your trip. I know it breaks your heart to leave, but you will go back!! Please be safe on your return trip home. Remember what I told you about your long night at the airport. Will be praying for you and all the team as all travel today. We love you our sweet baby. See you tomarrow. Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete