Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wise Words from Mama Weaves

Hello Bellevue Family!
We are all doing well in Haiti! We have been able to serve in many ways while here.  Karen and I have taught a ladies class at the center the last three mornings and have been able to study with the nannies in the afternoon.  Just like last year, Karen and I feel that we have learned as much from them as they hopefully have from us.  We were so blessed this year that Tiffany and Marilyn joined us.  They added so much to the class.  In ladies class this morning Karen taught her class on service.  The ladies participated, read scripture and discussed this topic with us.  Yesterday we taught them the song “The Steadfast Love of the Lord”. Today we sang it as a round and they taught us a song as well.  They were very grateful that we came and thanked us for the sacrifice they knew we had made to be with them.  During the nanny class, Karen talked about God being the potter and us being the clay.  We gave them each some clay and had them make a child with it.  After the lesson, we asked them to tell us what they would want for their child.  Their answers were beautiful and included their desires for the children to be educated, loved and to love God.  VBS went great! The children loved the puppet show, story, craft and the silly string! Jeff and Lexi-Ally and I are doing well. My ankles look like they belong on an elephant but I am fine.  Miss you both and can’t wait to see you!
Love you all! Lisa Weaver (one of the three)
PS-The blog comments have been sparse! Tiffany says “Hey Bellevue peeps, where you at?” We would love to hear from all of you!
Pps-Yolanda-the nannies asked about you and we told them about the two new Porters on the way!

Emma-Karen says positive vibes back to you! 

4 comments:

  1. I've been trying to figure out how to articulate how much I miss being there with you all! I find myself on the edge of my seat waiting for blog posts every day, just so I can be more of a part of what God is doing through you all. So many things are near to my heart this time in particular. So many petits and mommys to love on and serve! I even miss those of you I've never met (well, miss meeting you :-) and potentially hearing crazy stories from Karen's childhood ;-) ). I miss/don't miss our translators not letting me off the hook with my terrible Creole, making me communicate more confidently. Sak pase y'all? I know you all are reflecting the light of Christ in new ways and experiencing wonderful spiritual growth. The center looks amazing! VBS sounds like it was a welcomed and much needed uplifting time. Prayers and condolences to the pastor's family and for peace and clarity of God's will during this uncertain time. Love you all.
    -Yolanda
    ps-Jacox 3, your 4th is doing well. Been checking in with her. Saw her at Bible study, so didn't have to slow creep past your house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not posting daily comments. I was actually trying to spare Cystal from the tears that I was accused of inducing. Seriously though, Jana and I look forward to reading these posts every day. While I can't honestly say that I'm dreading not being there (given my current whereabouts), I can say with full certainty that reading about the work that God is doing through you stands out amongst the many highlights I've been experiencing. Seeing the pictures of David and Gady playing with puppets... I mean... practicing with puppets definitely made Jana and me smile. We laughed as we imagined how that went. PLEASE tell me someone has a video. Thank you all for your willingness to be lead and we can't wait to read more as well as hear all about it!
    Love,
    Christian (with English teacherJana proof-reading over my shoulder while I type)

    P.S. - Random Thoughts & Questions
    - Mamba, how's your asthma in the Haiti heat?
    - What's the total number of people that Karen has cut up to?
    - I was going to ask how many times has Gary has gotten in trouble, but then I remembered Marilyn was there.
    - Is Lisa Weaves allowing people to share in devotionals or is she dominating the conversation?
    - How many evil eyes has Tiffany given? If the number is zero I wonder if those are reserved for her children and me.
    - Crystal here's an idea. Turn Hearts United with Haiti over to Ally and let's start Hearts United with Hawaii. They need Jesus too!
    On that note, I'm out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, will someone PLEASE get as many incriminating stories about Karen from her siblings and then share them with me? Thanks in advance, Christian

    ReplyDelete
  4. All,
    First off...I'm miss my favorite wife (Mama Weaves) terribly !!! I am so thankful for God sending her my way and for her incredible heart for all. I'm truly blessed!!
    Second, I can't tell you how encouraged I am with all the blog posts. I sent out an email to the congregation encouraging them all to come and leave encouraging words for the team. I'm so thankful that Tera and Glen are there to keep Karen in line. We all know how she gets...hehehehe. I leave you with these words.
    Gal. 6:9- "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary."
    I know that you are probably exhausted, hot and missing your family (favorite husband Jeff for example...oh and maybe Lexi- Mama Weaves), but I also know you are reaping the blessings as you share the Love of God with those in Haiti. Keep your eyes focused on God and the heat, exhaustion, lack of electricity will pale in comparison with the impact you all are having for the Kingdom of God!!
    Thanks again for your servant's heart.
    I love you Lisa Weaver and miss you so much!
    Papa Weaves

    ReplyDelete