Monday, June 27, 2016

A post from Marilyn!

Dear friends and family!  We have been in Haiti since Saturday and it has been a rewarding experience already! I am looking forward to the rest of the week! We attended church services on Sunday and enjoyed our worship service! The people were very friendly to us and we could see the love of God in their singing and worship. In the afternoon we all helped with the community center with cleaning, painting, and washing chairs. Gary is the leader in the painting projects! J
Today I was in the ladies class for some of the women from the church and the nannies from the orphanage.  I was so impressed with their comments and their desire to participate in our classes. I know we were all blessed from the classes and look forward to the rest of the week with them.
We also did our first day of VBS with the children at the orphanage! Words cannot describe the feelings we all had from seeing the children. They have smiling hearts and welcomed us with no hesitation.  I also met the little girl that Gary and I sponsor! She was a sweetheart and shy.
Thank you for your prayers and cards! We appreciate it so much!  I will have more to tell you all when I return home! Love to my family and my church family.

God bless!  Love to all! Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone! God Bless you all! The pictures are great! God is awesome and you are serving God by serving others. Praying for a successful mission and for your safe return. We love and miss you all. Karen, positive vibes from me to you.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete