Sunday, June 26, 2016

Today's Recap from Alex

Today was my first experience of the Haitian church.  Things started off a little earlier than I expected as there was an amazing (for lack of better words) rooster right outside our window yelling for some woman named Yolanda (weird) from about 2am on.  Breakfast was amazing.  Fresh Mango, pineapple, eggs and the best Cherry juice I’ve ever had.   So about church….Started way too early but we were ready for it none the less.  After the first 2 hours though things were a little rough!  I loved the energy and the excitement the Haitians had it was awesome!! It would’ve been nice to understand the whole message though. Later we headed over to the new activity center where we proceeded to fix the place up with some fresh paint and finishing up a shed on the side.  Overall, I have to say it’s been a great day.   Got a chance to meet some missionaries from around the country and spend some good quality time with the team! In the words of Mr. Cube…I gotta say it was a good day! Love Alex 

5 comments:

  1. Never thought I would have to stay connected with HUWH through posts and pictures but God knows. I am with you in constant prayers. I know God will use each and everyone of you to bring Love,Joy and Peace to His people. I miss and love you all.
    @Crystal I hope my bag is still hanged on the wall LOL
    @Alex glad to hear that you had a great day. Praying for you!
    @Redgi,Jerry,David,James,Gady,Mr Alvarez I think of you and miss you. The warmest hugs for you,guys.
    God bless you all! Can't wait to hear more about your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This evening we talked about Paul praying for the church at Philippi with joy because of their "participation in the gospel". That is how we are praying for you all.
    Remember, there's always room for rooster! Lol. But if not, he will be a fond (ish) reminder of the work being done by Hearts United and of your time getting to be a part of it.
    -Yolanda
    BK says, "what's uuuuup!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew this blog would be uplifting...BUT I never knew that I'd be uplifted by YAYA!!!! I actually found out via this blog that she LISTENS in class!!! My heart if full. hehehe Love ya YAYA!! Please do me a favor Haiti Team and tell Yolanda's photographer friend hello from her and BK.
      Jeff

      Delete
    2. I knew this blog would be uplifting...BUT I never knew that I'd be uplifted by YAYA!!!! I actually found out via this blog that she LISTENS in class!!! My heart if full. hehehe Love ya YAYA!! Please do me a favor Haiti Team and tell Yolanda's photographer friend hello from her and BK.
      Jeff

      Delete
  3. Even though I have lots of things to distract me right now while I'm on a small rock in the Pacific ocean my mind keeps drifting to a small rock in the Atlantic. My heart and prayers are continually with you all. I have full confidence that God will use you all to show his perfection. Be a blessing.

    Mamba, how's your asthma?
    Karen, have you cut anyone yet? If you do, I nominate Roy J
    Gary, DO NOT buy any sugar cane!

    Love & Aloha,
    Christian

    ReplyDelete