Thursday, May 31, 2012

Coming Home!

It's funny how you always want what you don't have.  Reminds me of a great Bible Study I did with the ladies at my home church last fall. There was a story in there about Leah and Rachel and Jacob.  How both sisters wanted what the other had.  One had love but couldn't have children (thought "if only I could have children I would be happy").  The other could have children but didn't have the love of her husband (thought "if only I had his love I would be happy").... It's in our nature to desire that which we can not have at the present time.  Instead we are to find contentment/happiness and God's purpose for the NOW!  He has each of us in a certain place at a certain time for a reason and even if we are completely out of His will and not where He has placed us we are able to rest there, seek Him and He will minister to us!

I write this because I did not choose to stay in Haiti an extra two weeks.  Because of circumstance and necessity I felt this was where God had called me and I still believe that to be true.  He has made it abundantly clear and I believe these weeks were for me as much as they were for Jean Bernard.  God has taught me much in the "waiting" time and the time I have had to sit and reflect upon Him and His desires for my life, the ministry, etc....

But I am also VERY happy to say that on Saturday I return home to Pennsylvania!  I can not wait to return to those I love and to share all that God has been doing in the past six weeks.  The April team and the trials/growth from then seems like an eternity ago.  God has REALLY been working overtime these past weeks.  I am still processing a lot but I am thankful that we serve a God who loves us enough to walk alongside us as we grow and strive to be more and more like Him in all we do!

So, when I say goodbye to little Jean Bernard tomorrow after his stitches are removed I will be sad, but I will be excited too- not only to physically go home, but to put into practice all God has been teaching and showing me!  Thank you Jesus for Your patience with me!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment