Sunday, December 18, 2016

PLAY TIME

       Children are children wherever you go and that means Chaveneau too.  They are often blissfully unaware of the struggles around them and the harshness that the world can hold at times.  Their innocence is something to envy but also something to be thankful for.  Their minds will have to process the hard realities of life soon enough.  Let them be joyful while they can!

       Oh how I enjoyed watching the children.  Hearing the laughter (and even the squabbles).  And, they were so patient with me and helpful with my Creole.

       I brought my cards along and a few books (in Creole) as well as some Sudoku puzzle books.  Some things are universal and language doesn’t matter.  We taught each other hand games, card games and how to complete the puzzle book.  I even got to use my internet for about 20 min. to take screenshots of research about Fidel Castro for one young man who was writing a paper.  He then copied the important facts into his notebook to take to school.  Later he told me the teacher was quite impressed with his research.  It was GREAT fun and made the days pass quickly.

       Here are some photos of the children at play (cards)…..
Dorothy and a friend playing cards on her front step.  

This always amazed me!  The creativity!  There were not enough seats available so..... use a metal ring to sit on.  

OR a bucket lid!  


No comments:

Post a Comment