Monday, July 11, 2016

Someone please read this to Cara and Jeremy's Children! Day One of Bible School!

This morning I asked the cook if I could watch her make breakfast.  It was fascinating to watch her and her mother work in such a small space and make such amazing foods.  She was so kind to let me watch and even tried to explain what she was doing.  I plan to make ‘spagetty’ for breakfast when I get home, Maggie!  We have eaten so well here!  We eat amazing fruit each morning, mango, apricot (which tastes and looks nothing like apricot), bananas, and pineapple!  Madame even makes fresh squeezed juice, today was passion fruit juice. Tonight our dinner was a delicious stew, but many of us were so hot, we could not eat much.
 I am missing my kiddos so much, but I am enjoying the connections I am making with my teammates and the children at VBS.  The Haitian children love attention, and I enjoy all the hugs and kisses.  Once I sat down, a little girl came up and started playing with my hair.  By the end of the morning, the girls had my braid out and enjoyed playing with my hair.

Don’t forget to write comments to us, we miss all of you and would love to hear from you!  If someone is reading this that can remind my parents to read the blog to my children, I would appreciate it!!

Cara 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a great time!! Tell Gabby we love her and miss her! Praying for all of you!
    Shelly Weber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a good time with good food!! Prayers!!!
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will read it to them in the morning. First night to get to bed at a decent time. We all miss you and Jeremy but we are doing fine. Enjoy. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys,
    I'm glad to see things are going well so far minus the heat. I've been looking forward to he updates each day so keep them coming. You have my prayers as well as the prayers of many others back home. See you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi i miss you too i hope you are having fun love mags

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading the blogs! It's great to get different perspectives on all your experiences! Kara, I loved the juice too, especially the passion fruit! Praying for all of you!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey CCCers! Happy to read of your experiences so far. Enjoy some mango for me and can someone (or all of you ;-) give Robinson a hug from Dave, Ethan, Olivia, and I!!!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of love, especially to Jeremy and Cara! Praying divine joy and flexibility over you. Hope you learn more than you teach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WE MISS YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!!

    We are reading all about the great things God has happening there as you teach and learn from each other.
    Kids are doing great,and so are the grandparents!
    We send our love and prayers! Gma and Papa

    ReplyDelete