Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day 4 from Gabby!

Bonswa/Bonjur! This trip to Haiti is defiantly one to remember for me (and all of us)!  Today we had our third day of VBS and it went awesome!  I have a few kiddos that flock to me as soon as I walk into the door, and that feeling is overwhelming joy. Tess did such an AMAZING job teaching the kids that God wants us to use out imagination to figure it out. The kids in my small group were participating, and even though I have the youngest kids, I think they got the concept! It is a great feeling knowing that the kids are learning to love God and to be creative. They have learned almost all of the songs and they definitely know the motions great. After VBS today we came back to the house and debriefed. We decided to do a prayer walk in the community and it was a great experience. Most of the people we came across did believe in God and go to church. One lady we met told us that she did not want to accept God because she did not have shoes and clothes to wear to church. Crystal explained to her that our God looks at us as a whole person and not by what we wear. Another lady we talked to had a very hard heart because of her life, and when we told her we wanted to pray with her, she refused and walked away. The prayer walk was something I was terrified to go on but it was such a learning experience.  I am missing home and my family but I am definitely having a life changing experience here in Haiti! Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us and have commented on the blog. We get to hear them every morning and night and it is encouraging!
 Especially thank you to my mom for commenting and I love to hear your responses!!
Love and miss you guys and see you soon,

Gabby Weber   

3 comments:

  1. Awesome story Gabs! I'm so glad it has been an experience for you! It was good to hear from you and I'm enjoying all the pics! Everything is good here, Daddy's birthday is tomorrow and we are going to KOP to celebrate! Miss you and praying for you and the whole team! Can't wait to see you! I knew you would connect with all those kiddos, little ones just love you and your caring touch! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome gabby! I hope you all are doing alright and having a memorable experience! See you soon love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go mom (Tess) on doing a great job teaching on creativity. We are more alike than I like to admit - hahahahaha! Love ya

    ReplyDelete