Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday in Haiti

Well, it is Sunday in Haiti and it has been a good day.  But first let me say I love you to Deni, my beautiful bride who I miss dearly.  The boys are doing great and have decided to let me cuddle a little with them since you are not here, but I do not think they want me to get used to it because no one can replace Mama's cuddles.  I so wish you were here because you are the one I need (besides  Christ) to look to when I am feeling not so sure of myself.  Give Kyle and Payton the biggest hug you can and let them know that Daddy will be home soon.
I preached this morning at Pastor Robby's church and it went well.  Pastor Robby did a fantastic job of keeping up with this redneck preacher and even added a little himself.  It is fathers day in Haiti and we were sung to. Happy birthday seems to be the song to sing for this occasion.  We just laughed and really soaked it all in.  I preached in a suit and lost about 10 pounds of water weight...wow is it HOT here right now.
We then went to the beach for a couple of hours and Steven and Jack just loved it.  I decided, Deni, not to take a shower at the beach this time around...didn't need anyone walking in on be again without you here to protect me. :)  Jack wanted to bring back some sea erchins but I let him know that it would not be healthy for them and he let them go.  The rest of the team is now at the local grocery store to pick up some vanilla, coffee and other things from Haiti.
Haiti needs much prayer but you can see so much that is changing each time that we come down.  It is exciting to watch it all.  The chickens are supposed to arrive tomorrow as the coops are basically done.  It was an adventure with design modifications along the way but we worked through it and got enough coops to hold about 30 chickens.  We will have lots of pictures.
Love to all, especially my Deni...see you soon honey!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you got to go to the beach! Even though it is Haiti, it is still the gorgeous Caribbean, right?
    And shopping for Vanilla and Coffee sounds like fun too.
    I SO can not wait to see all of your pictures, Holly!
    Hoping every detail of your days in Haiti, stick in your mind with pictures as reminders of sights, sounds, smells and feelings!
    I love you Holly Marie and I am SO proud of all you are doing, with God's help, there in Haiti!
    Love and Prayers to all of you!
    Char/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear worship went well, followed by a trip to the beach! Singing Happy Birthday for Father's Day...that's a new one! And since they can't be shopping at Walmart, we are looking forward to yet another story about a Haitian experience! Sounds like tomorrow will be an extremely busy day with the distribution of clothes, shoe shopping, hopefully the arrival of the chicks, etc. As you said Steve, so much changing each time a team goes down. May God be pleased with each phase of the improvements and may He lead every step of the way. We continue to pray for health and safety, and the Spirit of God moving among His people. And Ronni, saw a picture of you enjoying a coke at the beach with Becky. Was it as refreshing as Steve told you it would be?!! And Becky, Mike and Matt are out enjoying roast with mom. Greg decided we would pass! Looking forward to big hugs when the two of you get home! Love, Mom/Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So dear, what is the better diet plan...the Atkins for 2 weeks or preaching for an hour in Haiti in June? I am sure the later is the more rewarding way to lose 10 lbs but the first is certainly the least expensive. I just keep reading your message over and over...I love you and am so blessed. I certainly miss cuddle time with my older babies! Kyle is doing well working his mother... he has slept with me every night since coming home. It is always a great night sleep getting kicked in the head repeatedly. Happy to hear you all enjoyed your afternoon at the beach. It was nice to hear from Anlin and Jeff. Oh, the now famous name game. Did anyone choose to be me? ;) I hope Cupcake is doing well. ;) Give Monalissa, Merceline, Nadege and Rosemene hugs for me. I miss all those beautiful faces.

    ReplyDelete