Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hi to my Family!!!!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying Michigan weather because it is ridiculously hot here. We just ate dinner in the "birdcage" and there was absolutely no breeze, so beware when we all come home with super stinky laundry;)
Yesterday was a busy day of people-watching. We had some bus issues when we arrived in Port Au Prince so we spent a couple hours sitting in the shade people watching and talking outside. Then the bus finally came to get us and we were heading back to the base. I felt something on my foot and just assumed that it was sweat dripping, but when I looked down I saw an enormous, disgusting cockroach hanging out on my foot. I freaked out and the wonderful little Steven Stidham came to my rescue and squashed him. So gross. And then last night we saw 2 geckos running around the base. I will take geckos over cockroaches any day.
It has been such a blessing being able to come down and spend time loving on the kids at the orphanage again. It was so great to see some familiar faces. I spent time today reconnecting with sweet Elena, Manulita, Antoinesse, Mique and had the opportunity to meet some new girls. The boys did a great job starting the chicken coops today. They worked really hard in some extremely hot conditions, but everyone seems to be happy and healthy.
Keep praying for us!
Aaron and kiddos- I love you and miss you so, so much! I showed some of the kids pictures of you all today. Wish you were here:)
Love,
Katie

4 comments:

  1. Katie, I was so excited (and a little tearful :) so see you and Emily wrote! You all are on my mind so much and in my prayers. Your story about the cockroach was DISGUSTING!!!! Thank goodness you had help with its removal! I am so thankful you and Em are experiencing this blessing together. I know Jesus is well pleased. I'm excited to see your kiddos (as is Erica) tomorrow and I am leaving work at 3 to get there sooner! I love you very much. God bless and keep on writing! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you and Emily that you are able to be there! I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the amazing stories. You are both being such a wonderful example of God's love for others! Praying for you all.
    L & P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey babe!!
    I am so excited that you posted. It is great to hear from you. First of all, enjoy that heat because it was 66 degrees today and the beach was so foggy we couldn't see the lighthouse. We miss you so much, but your daily letters have been a huge hit, we all look forward to opening them first thing in the morning!! We are praying for you and we are so proud of how you obediently followed the Lord's call back to serve him at Life is Wealth!! Kylie's team got beat badly tonight, but she got hits in both her at bats!! Just remember that cockroaches are better than rats and please correct Steve when he tries to tell people that I got beat up by a 90 lb Haitian!!

    Love,
    Aaron, Kylie, G, Laners and Toot

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! So jealous you get to love on the girls! Can't wait to hear about the trip the next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete