Wednesday, June 25, 2014

First Night

Good evening from Haiti,
   
     Thankfully we had a wonderful day for travel.  No delays, no lost luggage, so for a start of a week long trip its going very well.  Just a few things that stand out in my mind are, the driving situation down here is absolute mayhem.  You go where you want and however you want.  The driver we had did a great job getting us safely from the airport to the base.  Next would be the amount of motorcycles.  Not just person travel but more for a taxi service.  At the base you hear them go by almost every thirty seconds.  This place is very much alive for being 7:30 p.m.   I have a feeling that every one here is looking for a good nights rest after being awake since 3:00 a.m.   Tomorrow we go to the orphanage and meet the children.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for the team in this coming week.
   
    To my wife Jenna, I miss you and love you.  I hope that you had a good day today and that the kids are behaving themselves.  I pray that this week goes smoothly for you.  There is a slight breeze so its not unbearable.   I cannot wait to see you again and tell you about this interesting place.


                  God be with you all,
                           Bryan Sanders

2 comments:

  1. You would notice the motorcycles :)
    Tonight when we were saying our bedtime prayers, Jude was praying for his daddy on the plane, and asked that God would make sure you didn't "fall out of the big plane." We are all missing you very much and praying that God is able to use you in a big way this week.
    Hugs and kisses from us all.
    And a special one from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful you made it safely to Haiti!
    I am Praying for all of you and I know there is a small army of other people Praying for you!
    Char Simons

    ReplyDelete