Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Prayer Walks

Being to Haiti three times before, this trip has been very different in so many good ways. I feel like being here has really given me a sense of what it would be like to actually live in Haiti. Something that I have really enjoyed is what Crystal calls prayer walks. We walk around and start conversation with people and than ask if we can pray for them. It has been so awesome to see how loving and accepting the Haitians are of people that they have never met before. They make you feel like you have known them for years. Today we went to the countryside. We helped level out the base of a depot that we are helping to build for a pastor. After that, we ran Vacation Bible School for the second time with these children. I taught my lesson on God changing us into new people, and we did a craft with the kids. I have really grown attached to some of the children that I have met so far, and it will be really hard to say goodbye. But it is also great to know that we are leaving behind a friendship that they will never forget. My time here has been amazing so far, and I am sure that these last few days will be just as great!

-Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment