Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 4

On Tuesday we had the birthday party for the orphans and we also had a GREAT day of fun and games with them.  We had "stations" where they could do a fishing game (and reel in a beanie baby), get their face painted, do ring toss and dress up/get a silly photo taken and then make a frame to put it into.  :)  :)  :)
Then, in the afternoon we served a HUGE meal to them - complete with birthday cake. Afterwards we gave them each a new outfit for church (thanks Shina) and a toy.  It was mass chaos and loud/interesting, but it was FUN!!!    I know we all had a blast and they did too.

Wed. was a little more "chill" with trying to get bios and medical exams finished.  It was exhausting emotionally since the needs are so great, but encouraging as well since the joy is so evident.  Bible lesson included some discussion about how to treat others and model Christ and they made salvation bracelets.

Today is THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!  We will take them all there, play with them and just enjoy bonding some more.  This is going to be a hard group to have leave cause we have literally spent about 6-10 hours each day with these orphans so the bonds formed are intense!  I will let the team update in a few.  Thanks again for the prayers!!!  We can tell- it makes all the difference.

(by the way- on a logistical note:  No water right now)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you guys, I can't cry anymore.....My heart breaks that I cannot be there with you all and love on our sweet sweet orphans!!!!!!! I hope you all took a million pictures for me (how selfish of me I know) I have SO enjoyed reading what everyone has experienced this week, Steve I am right there with you on the water situation and can't wait to get it rolling!!!!! Zeb I was extremely blessed by your words and all that you are experiencing I am so glad you shared pal! Ok I have to go as I can't get myself together, I LOVE YOU ALL and please give extra lovin's to all those sweet babies!!!! GOD"S BLESSINGS ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! With much love and tears, Tashina

    ReplyDelete