Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 25, 2015

Bonjour!
                Today was probably the best hands on experience so far! We ran an outpatient clinic today at a local doctor’s office here in Carrefour. In preparation for today, we were able to put together first aid kits with supplies we brought with us. At the clinic today, we passed the kits out and provided education on the proper way to care for wounds, etc. We had four different stations we rotated through: initial intake, waiting room facilitation, assisting the doctor and prayer. Over the 5 hours that the clinic was open, we were able to see 24 patients! Complications ran from allergies to back pain to high blood pressure. Our entire team collaborated so well together to pull the day off! It was cool watching how the Haitian doctor ran his clinic and how he interacted with the patients. Hannah, Sara, and Paige headed up the initial intake of all the patients. We had a translator with us at all times, so it was neat to learn and pick up on the Creole interpretations of the conversation. By the end, we were able to get a feel for the patients’ responses before it was translated! It was a great learning experience, and was a good way to start to wrap this week up.

                                                                   Bondye Beni’ w! (God bless you)








1 comment:

  1. Redgi, Kylee, James, and Crystal: I love you all SO much!!!! I am so excited to hug you in less than 72 hours!!!! AHHHH! Send my love to my sweet little Berlando if you see him before I do!!

    Michelle: I am so excited to meet you!!! I have heard so many stories and wonderful things about you!!

    Team: I pray that you are having a wonderful trip so far, and I know that the Lord is using you to bless SO many!!! I hope you are enjoying Haitian dinners, the Haitian heat, and the turkeys next door. I hope you get to make it to the pediatric hospital- that's one of my favorite places in Haiti!! Hug all of those sweet babies for me!!

    I'm guessing you're all about to finish up debrief, if you're not already in bed! Mwen remen ou!!!

    Love,
    Ally

    ReplyDelete