Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Staff Update- Kylee

I There are no words for a time like this. It’s a bittersweet kind of moment and I know that it is going to take a lot of time to process this amazing summer of learning experiences. I arrived in Haiti on June 13th, and I leave this Friday, July 24th. That’s a total of 42 days that the Lord has broke my heart and pieced it back together again in ways I never knew possible. I have been blessed with experience after experience, and each trial, both good and bad, has led me to lean on Christ alone…always. The phrase “If God is all you have, you have all you need,” became so real to me this summer. It is my desire to come back to my home in America and just be on fire for the Lord, spreading His love in all that I do, and I will continue to pray for the day I return to my second home in Haiti. Until then…I must say my goodbyes…
The goodbyes have been the hardest part. It started Friday night when I said my farewell to the translators. I clearly remember sobbing in Astreede’s arms because I knew that I don’t know how long it will be until I see my Haitian best friend again. Then came Michelle…my “Haiti bae”. I still am in shock that my favorite person from this summer, my other half, the girl that stuck by my side through the past six weeks, is at her home. Again, it’s bittersweet. Today, I said goodbye to the kids I could call my own. Clara, with her sweet voice and constant desire to wrap her arms around me and cuddle; Sandrine, with her chipped two front teeth and beautiful eyes that cause me to love her even more each time I see her; Berry, with her crippled hand and inspiring heart, whose love for me I wish to spread to others; and the list doesn’t end. Unable to process everything, I passionately said to each child, “I love you so much”, “I will be praying for you”, and I wrapped my arms so tight around them I didn’t want to let go. My final goodbyes to my stronghold this summer, Redgi, James, and Crystal are still yet to come. I wish I could continue to write about each experience and the journey I have been on, but at this point, I am filled with too much joy, sorrow, appreciation, blessings, and sadness, to simply type on this document. Maybe one day I will find the words, but until then, Mwen Renmen Ou . Thank you Jesus for your love and for blessing me with a heart for this beautiful place.
With an unending amount of joy,

Kylee <3 (Hearts United Summer Staff 2015)


No comments:

Post a Comment