Friday, July 3, 2015

It’s our final day before we fly out.  There have been many different emotions by all in this group.  Good tears and sad tears, highs and lows, but most of all we let God shine through us.  We were his light in a place full of hopelessness.  Saw some great things at the orphanage and saw some things I did not understand.  Was able to make relationships stronger and build new ones.  Saw so many talents from the group that I did not know some of them had.  As I leave tomorrow I know I am going to feel as if I did not do enough, but it is not up to me to say if I did enough it is God who will soften their hearts.  The highlight for me on this trip is nothing I did, but seeing one of our members, who was not a part of our group but took a leap of faith to come here to serve, Danielle was BAPTIZED today in the ocean.  Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts.  Roy


This last week has felt like a month and yet at the same time now that we are packing to leave it feels as if we were never here at all.  I have had the privilege this week to watch every single person who came down as servants have God work through them some way to glorify him. I watched some amazing moments during the VBS, and heard about the amazing reaction to Bible study with the nannies.  I was lucky enough to really connect with some of the kids, learn the language, and I hope I was a good example of the way a Christian should be and had an effect this week.  I was lucky enough to learn some of the language from the kids, and their willingness to help me and sit and talk with me was awesome.  Also, as Roy said, Danielle was baptized today in the ocean and it was unbelievable end to a week where God was everywhere with us.  We all had lots of laughs, lots of tears, lots of deep spiritual conversations, and most of all experienced God working through all of us.  I will never forget this trip and one day I hope I can experience it again.  – Jeff G.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for the safe return of all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise GOD!!!! Also praying for safe travels for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flag on the play – Plagiarism – Offense Roy

    That is outstanding news guys! Let the angels rejoice (Lk 15:10)! Jeff was spot on when he said that it wasn’t just the few that were going to Haiti but all of us that worship here at Bellevue. This last week has been a completely new experience. Yolanda and I have been separated before due to various obligations which by the grace of God we’ve always made it through. Of God’s unmerited favor I have no doubt but this time my prayers have been different. E.g., it seemed inappropriate to pray for her speedy return knowing the work that’s being done. This time I learned to be still and prayed simply that His will be done. We miss you guys dearly and are ever so blessed to be able to share you with the world. You guys have been an inspiration for us all and it’s blessing to call each of you “family”.

    One more night and a wake up...

    In Him,
    BK

    P.S. Roy, stop bullying Ally into writing your comments.

    P.P.S. Lani, Mom taught Ethan how to cover his mouth when he coughs, say his name and answer “I’m 2” when asked his age. Also, he’s shaving now. :-)

    ReplyDelete