Monday, January 6, 2014

More goodbyes..... :(

It's hard to believe that we only have one day left in Haiti! It seems like just yesterday we arrived on our tap-tap in Port-au-Prince. Today was a hard day for me. We had our last afternoon with the children at Life is Wealth, and all of us have developed relationships with the children there. Personally, it's amazing how much they've taught me despite the language barrier. Every smile, hug, and just simple hand-clapping game has taught me so much about joy, simplicity, and gratitude. It was so hard to say goodbye to the children I have grown to love so much. It's even harder to leave them, knowing that my world will go on back in the United States, and they will still be there, because a lot of them have no place else to go. I can't even wrap my mind around not having my mom when I'm sick, or sad. But to see the smiles these children have despite the things life has thrown at them, has taught me so much about the joy of the Lord. So, for that, I'm thankful for Crystal, Redgie, Pastor Yves and all of the other people who spend so much time throughout the year filling those kids' lives with joy and giving them the strength and support they need to go through this life. Anyways, enough for my sappy post, except, WE MISS YOU MALONE GIRLS!!! It's definitely not the same without you guys around!! See everyone in the States!

Love,
Ally

4 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see you Ally!!!! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al! I just cried through your whole post! We miss you terribly and can't wait to see you! We are so proud to be your parents and are so proud of the team's work in Haiti. Thanks for taking care of our girl Crystal! We will see you soon! Take care and have a safe trip back. We will bring some warm jackets to the airport! See you soon! We love you to the moon and back! Love, Mom , Dad and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So freaking excited to see my sunshine
    I love you so much....renee-roo!
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete