Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas at Life is Wealth!

Today was the second time I was able to be a part of the planning, organizing and actually putting on the Christmas party at the Life is Wealth Orphanage (yes, we are a week late, oops.)  This party was the highlight of my holiday break last year when I came to Haiti and I can honestly say it made the list again this year.  There is something so moving about being able to treat these children like the precious, God-made beings that they are and being able to show them just how special they truly are not only in our eyes but in the eyes of God.  I am a sponsor of a young girl at the orphanage named Miqui and being able to serve her a heaping plate of yummy dinner, a couple glasses of milk and then being able to hand her a Christmas gift that I personally picked out just for her makes me feel so honored because she is just one of the incredible children living in this orphanage and she is so deserving of being treated this way.  These children also have a way of always humbling me because in the midst of receiving these gifts that they have every right to keep all to themselves, they always find some to share with their siblings or closest friends.  I just remember being a child and feeling so special on Christmas morning, not always because of the gifts that were waiting under the tree but because I was surrounded by friends and family who loved me and being able to share my love while helping to create lasting memories in the lives of ever-deserving children is a new holiday tradition that I have adopted and already look forward to doing again next year. 

God bless from Haiti,

Bon nuit! 

Kelsey Buglewicz

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great experience. Love you, Kim, Gary and Brandon Phelps

    ReplyDelete