Thursday, January 2, 2014

Faith

Yesterday I volunteered myself to teach a lesson at today's soccer camp that we put on for the community. I decided that I was going to talk about one of my favorite verses, Hebrew 12:1-2. I thought that the camp was going to be mostly for kids, so I was totally comfortable with speaking to them since I've taught a lot of Bible Classes for kids. Then I found out that the camp would be for young adults as well AND the community would be involved (because of a near by water supply). This brought on some nerves. On top of that, I had been feeling discouraged before I left for this trip because I was doubting that I could be useful to God in a time of personal weakness.
This morning's team lesson was on faith from Hebrews 11. I found it to be sooo applicable! I wasn't sure that I would be able to give a good lesson for little kids and adults. I wasn't sure that I was the right person for the job. Hebrews talked about how Moses and others had faith in God's plan and promises. This encouraged me because I keep on being told that God has put each team member on this trip for a reason. Through out the day, I kept on telling myself that Moses didn't even know God when he began his journey to fulfilling God's plan, so surely I can be of service to God even when I'm struggling.
The lesson went well and the soccer camp was a great success! I'm definitely looking forward to going back tomorrow.
So anyways, that's what I learned today :)
Thanks for the encouragement Mom!
-Renee Wubbenhorst

1 comment:

  1. Renee... I know without a shadow of a doubt that God has plans for you and that He wants you to feel Him WITH you. I mean in your heart of hearts feeling secure in His grace. Im proud of u and so thankful that God is giving you some healing. I love i so much.

    ReplyDelete