Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year Haiti Style

Hello everyone Happy New Year from Haiti!!

My name is Mike Miller from York Nebraska and I was blessed to be asked to speak at the New Years eve service at the church here in Haiti. It was an amazing experience and I know God spoke through me. I never spoke in another country before, I was really nervous before hand but God calmed my nerves and walked me through it. I spoke on how we can better follow Christ in this new year, I shared the story of Nicodemus out of the gospel of John. It is amazing to see Nicodemus a Pharisee coming to Jesus at night and leaving a very confused man to John chapter 7 where he stands up for Jesus. What is great to see is Nicodemus is one of two men took Jesus off the cross after he died. This has really spoken to me showing me that any person can accept Christ no matter where we are in life and call us to do amazing things. It was great to share this message along side my friend Redgi as he translated for me.

This trip has been more than amazing, being with the orphans and helping them paint to celebrating the new year with them. Tomorrow we are headed to Life is Wealth and bringing over 60 Christmas gifts and hygiene kits for all the children. I am so excited to see what God has in store for us the rest of the trip. Thank you all for your prayers and keep them coming. May God bless you all!

-Mikw

2 comments:

  1. Love reading about the experiences of your latest work group... God bless you and Happy New Year!

    Betsy Hohlfelder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michael!
      God bless you as you continue to serve others and letting your light shine before the Haitians and all those around you! Love you! Mom

      Delete